Wednesday, October 20, 2010

2. BJD in NYC

Photobucket
Type:Boy An from Resinsoul

Photobucket
Type: Bobobie Boy Apollo

This pass Saturday I attend a monthly BJD (ball jointed doll) meet-up in NYC. It's a meet-up for people who are collectors of Asian Ball jointed dolls or Dollfies. I personally own two of these doll one is from Bobobie and the second one is a Resinsoul doll (both there pictures are on top of this post). Everyone at the meet had there wonderful dolls out on display. We always meet at a public space at the atrium at the southwest corner of Madison Avenue and East 56th Street. every second or third Saturday of each month.
What do I do at these meet? Well it's simple I talk to other owners about there dolls, about there favorite company what's new and also what do they like about the dolls and how they got started on collecting these dolls. BJD are Customizable dolls there have different sizes and skin tone for these dolls. You can select want color eyes or what style wig you want, some people do custom face-up for these dolls. Also there would be people there selling or provide service for owners Dolls, for example selling dolls clothing, shoes, eyes, wigs, props, and extra items. Here are a few pictures I took at the meet, if you like to see more just check out my flickr album.

Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, I am not a big fan of the Dolls, but yours and the ones you pictured here are pretty damn good looking [purple is the Marquis' favorite color, so that Imperial looking one is very striking. Also gotta love demon horns].

    ま、ニュウヨクに行きたい~ 「あ、それでわ~いっしょうに日本語は練習しましょうか~?」

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the complement. He was the best and most elaborate one on display plus he reminds me of Seime from Dynasty Warriors. If when ever your in ニューヨーク just hit us up. I'm haven't studied Kanji yet just hiragana an katakana.

    ReplyDelete