Wednesday, October 20, 2010

3. PNFPN

Hey this is Mina, checking in to make her first official blog post~. For awhile now I have been spending my free time at home playing video games, watching movies I have never seen, learning japanese (barely), and tumbling. However, since I am a true winter bug, the fact that the weather has gotten cooler has warmed me up to the idea of leaving the house. So, this past Saturday was a lovely day, weather in the 60's with the sun still shining, so I decided I would call up my friend Nyla and find out with she was doing. She had borrowed a scarf of mine and needed to give it back to me so it was the perfect excuse to drag her out. Every other weekend my sister has a BJD(ball jointed doll?) Meetup, so she was already in the city. I gave her a call and told her to meet up with me after it was done.


So I headed off the the usual meeting spot, Union Square and people watched until my sis showed up. She had brought a friend along with her. She was so adorable. Very innocent looking, like untouched by corrupt hands. Hee hee. ANYWAY, we were hungry so we decided we would star the day off with some M2M (Morning to Midnight). It's our McDonalds, whenever we are hungry without thinking we eat there. I might do a post about them one day. Anyway, I got the usual, tempura sushi. My sister got crab sushi. I tried this chinese passion fruit tea that I have never had before, It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. My sister had this amazing Momo Flavored drink, which I discovered by the way. Always so yummy. Dylan, my sisters friend from the meet-up said she was a picky eater, and I bought this new flavor of Haichuu I never tried and was pushing her to try it and she said she liked it. I felt accomplished a bit, I got someone to like something. But then, I tried this new flavor myself, and I hated it. What a fucking waste. Oh well, I'm somewhat courting her, she's adorable. <3

Sexy tempura and the ginger packets I stole from everyone~




After that we made our way to Tokyo Rebel, but before that, we passed by a place that just opened I forget the name of the place, I will edit it in later when I remember. But, it was this vintage/thrift/accessory shop. Everything was so adorable inside and I couldn't help but pick up a couple things. Since it's a newish store they had some nice deals and mentioned they were opening another location somewhere uptown, I got a little discount card for the first purchase I make there. I will be sure to stop buy again one day. We continued to walk and somehow managed to make it passed Otafuku without stuffing our faces with takoyaki (my favorite food) and made it to Tokyo Rebel.



It was my sisters first time there and she really wanted to see first hand the quality of there lolita goods since she makes clothes herself. They had some awesome bags and I lost my shit staring at this one Angelic Pretty one. They also had some deco stuff which I have to swing by and get. But the one thing I was eye balling was the SexPot Revenge shirts, only problem they were 37 a pop. Which honestly isn't that bad for me, but considering that was like 80% of what I had left I decided against it. But I couldn't leave without getting something. So I sucked it up and got this wristband that I had been lusting over for awhile. It was so cute, and it was the last one of it's kind. There was another one but it was purple, it was super cute though. It was one of the firsts time I ever considered purchasing anything purple. Heh. Oh wellz.



After that we walked around some more. I was waiting for my friend to come down and meet me in Union Square to give me my scarves and to chill but she sorta took forever so my sister, Dylan and I window shopped around until we finally made it to union. We sat down and talked amongst each other, I found out I had some competition for Dylan's affection, watched skate boarders nearly kill themselves, and other people, and of course comment on the skeezy left overs of the Saturday night party scene.  Girls in heels they can't walk in, impressing men who don't want them, in dresses that are either ugly, too shiny, or too short. Alas, Dylan had to leave us and get back to her place to deal with some stuff so we said goodbye.



My sister and I then decided it would be fun to go inside Forever21. She wanted to get some new stuff for awhile now, we figured this was a good chance. We went in and immediately I was taken away by the men section (as usual). I picked up 3 sweaters and killed myself between which one I wanted. We told our friend to meet us in the store and a couple minutes later there she was. We shopped around a little more in F21 and after making a last minute switcharoo I decided on a soft long sleeved v-neck pull over with skinny black and white stripes. It's so cute. Once we were out of there we decided we would spend the evening doing some karaoke at duet. It was a Saturday night so we weren't sure if we would get a room so we called ahead.







After some fumbling about we settled on Duet 48 at 10:15. We made the reservation at around 8 so we had quite a bit of time to kill before we had to make our way there. So we decided we would talk to the uptown bus. On our way we stopped by a couple stores, one in particular was Gem Story, which I love. We got tons of accessories for a super cheap price and we both left with wide smiles on our faces. So we scurried about trying to think of the best way to make it there, since it's kinda in the middle of nowhere. I'm a downtown girl myself, I don't usually venture passed 20th street, but for karaoke, I'll travel the seven seas. So we took to train and then headed to the place.














We got there a bit early and had to wait for our room to clear. It was so crowded ugh. The bouncer was cool he was talking to us about how he had to study japanese in order to work there and talk to the people. I wouldn't mind working there honestly, there were these two guys that were so hot. One had this two toned blue and black sweater and looked somewhat host-ish but in a good way, and the other had some of his head shaved with a hat on and was kind of oresama-kei. I wanted to talk to them but they were busy being attacked by the other girls that worked there and their friends. Oh well.





We finally got our room and then we sang some awesome ass karaoke, of course I asked for the japanese book and burned my eyes trying to read fast during the rap parts of the japanese songs. My sister fell in love with this one song I picked called Shanana「シャナナ」by Minmi. It's a fun song and my sister really wants to sing it again and better next time we go. She also did a good job and keeping up with the hiragana in the songs. She's my pride as a student tee hee.





We ordered some tasty ass takoyaki and shrimp chips, and demolished them. Nyla played some old school songs, including a trip to the 90's early 2000's with some serious Linkin Park and Backstreet Boys. We had fun for about 3 hours and then got super broke after extending our time. It was finally time to leave, so we headed out and faced the horrible after hours train schedule. It took about 2-3 hours to get home but we had fun.









PS. ALL day I was listening to this Rihanna song called Only Girl(In the world) and when we went out that day it was playing everywhere. Such a cute song I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment