Tuesday, October 12, 2010

0.はじめてのあいさつ

Welcome to our blog!


Hello and welcome! My sister and I decided to start a blog together. Why? Well the same reason most people start one, boredom and the desire to share ones interests and happenings with the world. With our blog you have a contrast of two minds; Separated by a generation but connected through shared interests, we create an atmosphere filled with organized madness and varied opinions.

This blog will be a medium for the things that are going on in our lives (without getting to personal), things we find cool, places we go to among other things. Mostly we will post separately on a regular basis so that there is always something interesting posted from the both of us. We really just want a place to write together and have fun sharing with not only each other but others who decide to follow us! Please feel free to talk to us, sharing your opinions and ideas, or even just saying hi. Here's a little bit about us so that we can use this space to be vain for a moment.

Well, to start this off my name is Mina. I am currently a college student with dreams of one day working in Fashion Marketing. For me personally fashion, no matter how cliche it may sound, has always been a way for me to express myself. My style has changed so much over the years and through that I realize how important presenting ourselves is. I love other cultures and am constantly looking into some new foreign shit. Music and movies are really important, it doesn't stop at whether its good of bad for me, I have to know why, what it's referencing, the time it was created in and who it's geared toward. There are alot of awesome things out there and I like to be surrounded by things that are meaningful, sometimes in the strangest of ways. Feel free to send me a message on facebook or skype.

Hey~ I'm Stephanie. I have been into Japanese Culture for 8 years now. My first convention was BAAF (Big Apple Anime Fest) 2003, since then I have gotten further into cosplay, anime, japanese music, and j-fashion. I would love to go to Japan someday so that's why I am currently learning japanese. Making my own outfits and costumes is something I enjoy doing. I often frequent japanese related events such as fashion shows, concerts and theme parties (i.e Dances of Vice). Recently my current hobbies include BJD (ball jointed dolls), playing Soul Calibur 4 and Marvel vs Capcom 2. Some of my favorite japanese artists are Utada Hikaru, Moi Dix Mois and Malice Mizer,  and for non-japanese artists, Bjork, Madonna, and 80's music.

What you can expect from this blog:
  • Shop Hops. We will be checking alot of Japanese restaraunts, clothing stores, book shops, and establishments in general and reviewing them.[That's always something we have wanted to do hee hee]
  • Stephanie's Journey to Japanese or SJTJ will be a comic like series of Mina teaching/studying Japanese. Since Steph is at a beginners level we figured it would be fun and helpful to those who are also wanting to learn japanese. [Further information on material and study guide will be given at a later time.]
  • Out and About. Outings with friends and general fun things we do together.
  • Japanese/Asian Cultural Events. In New York there is alot of influences of other countries and their cultures and we have alot of events that celebrate that. From anime conventions to festivals and concerts. There is a wide array of things we will be visiting and taking part of and documenting for the blog.
  • Mina's Mixtape will be a (almost) weekly compilation of songs ranging from indie music, local bands, to japanese rock, rap and visual kei.
  • Stephanie no Saihou is a section where Stephanie talks about her clothing. Working on cosplay, and various other things, she will showcase her own work and also talk about what/who inspires her.
Note: While alot of these things seem to focus on Japanese and Asian culture it will not stop there, that is just the majority of the things we will be posting so that's why I stated it.

To see some style shots click to read more. :D

My style is a very simple take on Classic Lolita  and Victorian style. Very modest, casual and comfortable. Colors that don't stand out too much. Also by adding jewelry to finish the look.     
A little bit of punk rock and oshare kei. I always have some element of soft and hard. Mixing a masculine style with feminine elements are the essentials in all of my looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment